internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] domain name registration

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas C. Meggs" <tom AT plik.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] domain name registration
  • Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 09:27:10 -0400

Hi,

I strongly reccommend joker.com. I've had very good experiences with their support, despite the fact it's pretty much email only and often includes broken English (actually in the last year or two they've been a lot better about that). Their web interface for administering your domains is very nice, and very well developed. They were one of the first registrars to let you modify all of your settings on your account through the web. They are also rather inexpensive, it is around $11.64/yr. Also they'll run your DNS for you and do URL forwarding for free, which you can administrate from your "Service Zone" on their web page.

Regards,
Thomas Meggs

Bob Kucera wrote:
How worthwhile is domain name registration? It seems like a good way to spend some money on my tech habit. Is there a preferred registrar for a domain name and dns service?

it looks like the thing to do is to roll up my sleeves and really research them by cost of registration, services provided, cost of dns registration is an add-on (I suppose to be researched separately), and I wonder which of these companies will drop out of business and leave me having to change registrars.

Bob Kucera

(919) 602-5503

--
$Id: .sig,v 1.17 2002/08/29 12:50:55 tom Exp $

pub 1024D/87F1C20F 2001-11-15 Thomas C. Meggs <tom AT plik.net>
Key fingerprint = 5E9A D535 B9DA A889 984B 9654 2025 409B 87F1 C20F
http://plik.net/tom/publickey.php

"It was funny with coffee. Sometimes it did nothing for
him, and actually made him weak. But sometimes it really
made him feel like God."
- from "Miguel", short story by Dan Bern