internetworkers - Domain and Web Hosting?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Josep Lluís Guallar Esteve <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Domain and Web Hosting?
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 22:30:13 +0000

Hi,

My name is Josep and I'm new to the Triangle area. I just moved here from
Barcelona (Spain-Europe) to follow my career in the IT business.

Anyway, I'm looking to set up a web with a US-based host. How much can I
spect to pay for web-hosting and domain registration? Any company that is
specialy trusted by Internetworkers?

The web should be for a e-magazine, with monthly updates. So it won't be an
amazon.com like web. Then, maybe, some mail redirection, DNS registering,...
all that.

I've been seeing the Ddicated-hosts messages, but I think that that soluion
is way to beyond my ideas.

Any advice will be welcome.

Regards,
Josep