internetworkers - Re: experience networking at home with cable modem?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: experience networking at home with cable modem?
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:19:55 -0400

Just jumping in here to say that I've been pretty happy with my Apple
Airport (which uses a Lucent/Orinoco Silver 11Mbps card). I've got it
hooked up to the phone jack (no cable/dsl here, yet - we've been bent
on moving out for the past five years ;) and to an old 10Mbps hub so
when I dial out, anyone connected to the hub via ethernet or with an
Airport card can share bandwidth. In a couple of weeks, I'm going to
hopefully start sharing a cable modem with my neighbors, so I'll have
to swap things around a bit, but all in all this is a strong vote in
favor of wireless networking :)

Steve

--
hesketh.com is hiring: http://hesketh.com/careers/