homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ron Paul, was Liberty or mayhem - Bank run 4 / 17

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Lynda <lurine AT com-pair.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ron Paul, was Liberty or mayhem - Bank run 4 / 17
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 12:31:50 -0800 (PST)

Not much, he never gets enough co-sponsors for his bills to go anywhere. He
is outside the mainstream of 'both' parties. The only thing that makes him a
factor at all is his ability to bring media attention to matters.

I don't know why he was a 'no vote'. maybe he wasn't in D.C. It's not like
his one vote changed anything. He has a lot on his plate with the banking
mess. He has a new resolution right now to abolish the Fed; how many
co-sponsors do you think he will have? At least he is speaking up for the
Constitution as much as he can on as many issues as he can. But, he is
certainly not the answer, by himself.

By the way, I don't know if he even advocates the "bank run' idea. Sometimes
the people from 'Campaign for Liberty' do things without his approval. He
doesn't seem to mind.