homestead - Re: [Homestead] Liberty or mayhem - Bank run 4 / 17

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Liberty or mayhem - Bank run 4 / 17
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 08:30:00 -0800 (PST)

To answer your question about where they plan to put their retrieved monies.
Remeber they said it could be elctronic as well as physical . The point is
to remove it from the national /international banks that have caused the
problems. So, tyhey could wire it to a credit union or non-bank affiliated
brokerage; or to a gold holding company (Kitco pool accouunt, for example).
There are myriad ways-- including the mattrees or pickle jars.

Like I said, I'm not agreeing or disagreeing that it is a good idea. I just
thought it was interesting. The Canadian banks and economy should be
stronger (not bigger-just stronger) than ours. They are blessed with huge
reserves of natural resources per capita. And, their bankibng system did not
use the negligent degree of leverage to gamble with OPM , like our criminal
NYC bankers did. But, the Canadian Loonie has been falling agaibnst the USD
-- go figure.

That was an interesting article thanks for posting the link, Marie.