homestead - [Homestead] Ron Paul, was Liberty or mayhem - Bank run 4 / 17

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Ron Paul, was Liberty or mayhem - Bank run 4 / 17
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:11:54 -0800

Ya know, I have come to think that Ron Paul is simply a media whore and really has no solid convictions. The whole CPSIA debacle was the final nail in his coffin for me. He says it's not a good thing and votes against it the first time around. Does he actively try to get more folks to vote against it? Nooooo! And, does he stand up for his convictions and vote against he final bill? NO! He's a "no vote."

At anyrate, while more little companies and cottage industries go belly up because of this stupid legislation, this is at least should bring a smile about it.

http://www.easyfunschool.com/the_CPSIA_meets_Dr_Seuss.html

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

The NYT had an op-ed about the Canadian solution. It seems more sensible:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/28/opinion/28tedesco.html?th&emc=th