homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 20:06:20 -0500

There are certain items that I believe are 'tagged' for data storage. I'd bet if you bought knives, shovels, guns, rope, duct tape, etc. you would end up in some FBI database somewhere. Adhesives can be almost like a fingerprint... I doubt the FBI cares what brand of oatmeal you are eating, but I'd bet that they have a file on you that shows your average BiLo grocery costs(are you hoarding) your average electricity bill(are you growing pot), your average water bill, etc.

The minutiae of your life is stored in separate databases...DISH network may log your viewing habits in some local database, but that database can probably be tapped at will by the FBI or CIA or NSA etc. It's the same with your ISP, your power company, etc.

Just my opinion..

Bev

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
Maybe you will be lucky, and it will never happen to you. With the data being collected they can subpoena your d*mn life. Everything is recorded. If 'they' don't care about my data, why do they then harvest and record my data for perpetuity?

Do they store all this info? I can understand why they need the info connected to my employment (since I'm self-employed, they only know what I tell them...they don't even have little check-off boxes for half of what I do) and SS number, or my Drivers' License.What else do they track? Do they tap into my BiLo Wildcard and know that I eat oatmeal for breakfast? It's hard to imagine that there is some central database somewhere that cares about the minutiae of my life. The important things in my life, no one knows but me.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA
--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda http://www.myspace.com/tervetuloa13