homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 21:28:04 -0500

I'm guessing that every once in a while you visit Walmart. The next
time you go, park a bit away from the building and look at the building.
Count the cameras...note that there are multiple cameras at each pole.
My local Walmart has over 30 cameras on the front of the building
alone. I'd be scared to think of how many are inside.
Note the number of cameras at your local gas station.

Cameras in public places don't bother me. Who cares if you go to Walmart or get gas? And why would you care if someone knows it? Lots of people see you there anyway. That's the nature of a public place...it's public.

The government has a right to certain information about voter registration, license/tags, etc. What can 'they' get from those, except your address and other basic information? Even SS#...it's only basic information about your employment.

As Bob says, we all have our own issues. The men in the black suits could take my picture every time I leave my property, and it wouldn't bother me as much as GMO food not being labeled, or me not being allowed to sell raw milk. People spying on me doesn't impact my life as much as people making laws that take away my rights.

Lynn Wigglesworth