homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 22:50:05 -0500

I don't know what quantities of diesel and fertilizer, but they do pay attention to that just like they do sudafed (ephredrine products - yes, used to manufacture meth)

Who is 'they'? How do they 'pay attention' unless you have to register to buy fertilizer (which you don't)? How could they track cash sales to anonymous buyers?

When my credit card was stolen , this past july (remeber the price of gas then), the thieves had hit a number of gas stations, but after the second one, citibank called me at home, told me they had put a 'stop' on the card, and dispatched the police-- this was all while the thieves were still using the card to buy more gas. Citi knew exactly when , where , and how much. to >the second, live, while it was happening

Well, yeah. That's the good/bad thing about credit cards. You can still buy gas (and diesel) anonymously for cash. A sale of diesel wouldn't stand out in an area where half the vehicles use diesel (and everyone fills gas cans to take to fill their tractor). Again, how could they track cash sales?

Lynn Wigglesworth