homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 14:48:39 -0800 (PST)

Everyone has their own little 'cause'. this is mine. To me, the idea of
homesteading, what I do here, where I am, and why I bought rural land in the
first place, and why I have spent so many years reading this list; is as much
about freedom as anything else.

I am over halfway through life, maybe well over half way. I want a couple
of things out of my future. One is to be involved with the land and water
and stuff ( I hate to say "nature, because I would sound like a d*mn tie-dyed
hippie). I really get joy from watching things grow, and growing my own
food; even what I do here. That is a very simple goal for my future.

The other big part and goal if for everyone that I don't specifically invite
to be a part of my life -- in any way-- to leave me the h*ll alone, for as
long as I'm still breathing. I'll return the favor by not bothering them.
That includes any corporate or gov't entity.

Maybe I won't figure a way to reach the best of either or both of those
goals. But, they remain my goals.