homestead - Re: [Homestead] Chicken farm pollution

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Chicken farm pollution
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 19:50:35 -0500

I wasn't sure from what you wrote below if you are already doing this,
but we've found that buying grass fed beef from our local processor
proves to yield better tasting and in my mind, healthier, beef than what
you can buy in the grocery store. Our local processor is actually a bit
less expensive, too, so it is seriously win win. I eat better and
healthier and support local businesses and producers.

Bev

Robert Walton wrote:

I'm still eating store bought beef. I don't eat much of it, deferring
to home-grown chicken, pork and goat. I'm hoping to get enough land in good pasture this year to start a beef calf. Major goal.

Try some well raised grass-fed beef from a local grower and see how you like that..

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda
http://www.myspace.com/tervetuloa13