freetds - Re: [freetds] Problem cross compiling for iPhone (iOS 4)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Daniel Fazekas <fdsubs AT t-online.hu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem cross compiling for iPhone (iOS 4)
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 16:28:37 +0100

On Feb 15, 2011, at 16:04, Xander Maas (GMAIL) wrote:

> I do have another FreeTDS install on my Mac, in /usr/local/freetds. But
> none of these libraries are used, as these are not in my default search
> path for libraries. Second, these libraries are i386 and x86_64 built.

The iPhone Simulator is also i386 and we have already established you are
linking to an i386 Mac build of the libraries somehow.
That's the only situation where fopen$UNIX2003 exists, a 10.6+, i386 Mac OS X
build.
It stays fopen for 10.5 or earlier Mac builds, for any x86_64 build, for any
iOS build (arm), for any iOS Simulator (i386) build…

/usr/local/freetds should be safe though as that isn't in the standard search
path — yet a rogue i386 Mac build of freetds must be somewhere on your system
and getting linked to.

Check in your iPhone Simulator freetds build directory:

nm -g src/tds/locale.o | grep fopen
U _fopen

If this is correct (as opposed to U _fopen$UNIX2003) then your build is
correct and you are simply not linking to it.
If it's wrong, then you are building for Mac OS X 10.6 i386 rather than the
iOS Simulator.

> I am referencing the libraries directly from the location I build them.
> I am not seeing any FreeDTS libs linked when performing the otool -L on my
> built app.

So you are linking statically.