freetds - Re: [freetds] Problem cross compiling for iPhone (iOS 4)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Daniel Fazekas <fdsubs AT t-online.hu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem cross compiling for iPhone (iOS 4)
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 15:36:38 +0100

On Feb 15, 2011, at 14:10, Xander Maas (GMAIL) wrote:

> It is still weird. I have cleaned everything, rebuild all libs, even tried
> with only the simulator lib, but the simulator keeps giving me
> Detected an attempt to call a symbol in system libraries that is not
> present on the iPhone:
> fopen$UNIX2003 called from function tds_get_locale in image

One last idea is that maybe there's a built-for-Mac copy of the same library
on your system in one of the standard directories and it's linking to that
rather than the Simulator copy.
Check if you have any of the tds libraries in /usr/local/lib for example.

You could also try
otool -L build/Debug-iphonesimulator/appname.app/appname
to see what it's dynamically linked to.

If there's a dylib somewhere in the standard library search path it will
normally prefer that to a static .a lib in one of your manually specified
additional -L search paths.
The -search_paths_first ld option changes that.

-search_paths_first
By default the -lx and -weak-lx options first search for a
file of the form
`libx.dylib' in each directory in the library search path,
then a file of the form
`libx.a' is searched for in the library search paths. This
option changes it so
that in each path `libx.dylib' is searched for then `libx.a'
before the next path
in the library search path is searched.