freetds - Re: [freetds] Problem cross compiling for iPhone (iOS 4)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Daniel Fazekas <fdsubs AT t-online.hu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Problem cross compiling for iPhone (iOS 4)
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 17:21:10 +0100

On Feb 15, 2011, at 16:53, Xander Maas (GMAIL) wrote:

> When I perform command against the lib I am lining to, I see the fopen, not
> fopen$UNIX2003. For your interest, also the libs I built before for regilar
> OS X apps, also list fopen, and not fopen$UNIX2003.

Yeah, it's not easy to get that _fopen$UNIX2003 at all, is it? :)
You have to specifically build a 32-bit i386, Mac OS X 10.6+ only copy. And
Mac OS X 10.6 by default builds for x86_64. So you have to customize that and
make sure not to lower the deployment target version from 10.6+ at the same
time, because fopen was without a suffix even in 10.5 i386.

> Somehow my project is trying to call fopen$UNIX2003, but it isn't used in
> my libraries and/or code.

It can't just happen by magic. You've got to have a version of the libraries
which calls that.

mdfind -name libsybdb
mdfind -name libct

See if it finds anything.
Just remove any copy at least temporarily other than your known-good iOS/iOS
Simulator builds.

If Spotlight isn't working, try find:
find /usr/lib /usr/local/lib -name libct\*.dylib -or -name libct\*.a -or
-name libsybdb\*.dylib -or -name libsybdb\*.a -or -name libtdsodbc\*.dylib
-or -name libtdsodbc\*.a

Maybe search everywhere with
find / -name libct\*.dylib -or -name libct\*.a -or -name libsybdb\*.dylib -or
-name libsybdb\*.a -or -name libtdsodbc\*.dylib -or -name libtdsodbc\*.a

Honestly, there's not a lot of possibilities left.
The rogue copy has to be in /usr/lib (as modified by -isysroot),
/usr/local/lib, or any extra library search paths you added with -L…

Remove the copy of the libs you think you are linking to and rebuild. If it
still succeeds, obviously it's getting that bad copy from somewhere else.