freetds - Re: [freetds] When the column typing error is matched, compulsion ROLLBACK is generated.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] When the column typing error is matched, compulsion ROLLBACK is generated.
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 14:44:04 -0500

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 17:21:17 +0900
???? <ymym4649 AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I use FreeTDS for the connection from PHP on Linux to MSSQL.
> When SQL transaction that became an error of the column type mismatch was
> executed, ROLLBACK was compulsorily issued by FreeTDS.
> (Compulsion ROLLBACK is not generated at other SQL errors.)
> I completed the correction of the source, and had SQL of the column type
> mismatch not requested now.

Could you please post a patch demonstrating your "correction"? I don't know
what you mean by "ROLLBACK was compulsorily issued by FreeTDS". Are you
referring to autocommit?

AFAIK, the FreeTDS ODBC driver never spontaneously issues a ROLLBACK request
to the server. Transactions are under application control via SQLTransact().

> Is it a specification of FreeTDS that ROLLBACK is compulsorily issued when
> the error of SQL of the column type mismatch is issued?

I do not understand what you mean by "column type mismatch".