freetds - Re: [freetds] [Fwd: FreeTDS for MS VC++ 2010]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gal Rubinstein <galrub AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] [Fwd: FreeTDS for MS VC++ 2010]
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 16:22:45 +0200

On 8:59 PM, James K. Lowden wrote:
LacaK wrote:
I can build successfuly dblib.dll, but when using on computer where are
not MS VC 2010 Runtime libraries instaled, I get error about missing
msvcr100.dll !

Is it as expected or is there way how to avoid dependency on MS VC
Runtime libraries ?
Consult Books Online for something like "redistributable libraries".
There is a package of libraries from Microsoft that you can (i.e. must)
install for your program to run. Free as in beer.

--jkl
Microsoft C++ Support Engineer

this dependency is duo to the runtime libraries option you use to compile your library,

got to the libTDS project properties and
under "C/C++" -> code generating, -> change the MT (Runtime Library) property From Multi Threaded [Debug] DLL to Multi Threaded [Debug].

now this Library/DLL has the runtime functionality embedded with in it.
please notice that if you decide to use a non DLL runtime library you will need
to do the same to ALL other parts of you software, because you will get a linking error.

you can try to changing the linker "Link Library Dependencies" but I'm not sure it effects the Runtime Library.

Hope it helps...
Gal

PS, you can use a redistribution "C runtime Library" package from MS and use the DLL MT function.