freetds - Re: [freetds] [Fwd: FreeTDS for MS VC++ 2010]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: LacaK <lacak AT zoznam.sk>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] [Fwd: FreeTDS for MS VC++ 2010]
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 12:57:08 +0200

I can build successfuly dblib.dll, but when using on computer where are not MS VC 2010 Runtime libraries instaled, I get error about missing msvcr100.dll !

Is it as expected or is there way how to avoid dependency on MS VC Runtime libraries ?

Consult Books Online for something like "redistributable libraries". There is a package of libraries from Microsoft that you can (i.e. must)
install for your program to run.
Yes I know, that these libraries are required in some cases http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/abx4dbyh.aspx
My question was if there are not some for example "preprocesor directives" or "compiler switches", which can alter dependencies from for example "msvcr100.dll" to only "msvcrt.dll" (which is part of Windows and do not require separate installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package)
See: Runtime Library on the Code Generation tab in the C/C++ branch of the Configuration Properties ... there are options:
Multi-Threaded (/MT)
Multi-Threaded Debug (/MTd)
Multi-Threaded Debug DLL (/MDd)
Multi-Threaded DLL (/MD)

And second question: if I supply project files for MS VC 2010, do you include them in FreeTDS sources as next alternative to msvc6 project files ?
(msvc6 project files can not be opened in VC 2010)

Thanks
-Laco.