freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS and Ubuntu, iodbc

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: mohnd AT egolfscore.com, FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS and Ubuntu, iodbc
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 11:44:55 -0400

Dan Mohn wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-04-19 at 22:53 -0400, James K. Lowden wrote:
> > What's happening? I don't know how, but I know what: somehow,
> > tds->query_timeout is getting set to zero in the ODBC layer. The
> > timeout
> > logic never gets called; tdserror() doesn't appear in the TDSDUMP log.

> We've decided
> to switch our approximately 60 end-user systems to Ubuntu from Windows.
> We are in the pilot, and managements analysis of the pilot will
> determine how successful we are. So let me know if there is _anything_
> I can do to help.

(I didn't realize we're off-list.)

Freddy's obviously working on it. Stay tuned to the list. I think your
most effective tactic at this moment is to try a new snapshot next week,
and post a message to the list with your results. I think that may spur
Frediano to looking into it.

I just re-did my simple hello-wait-goodbye test. It failed with:

bsqlodbc: error 2812: 42000: [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Could not find stored
procedure 'SQL_CUR8060000'.

It never go to the timing-out part of the test.

Regards,