freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS and Ubuntu, iodbc

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS and Ubuntu, iodbc
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 22:14:16 -0400

ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:
> I didn't committed this patch cause
> - I added a "default_query_timeout" on HDBC. Is this required??
> - is the way query_timeout is reset to default correct??
> - should we handle case when statement is created before connection??

For me to answer these questions, I will have to study the documentation.
I won't be able to do that until next week. Perhaps someone else knows,
or would like to research it?

IMO the patch is small and goes in the right direction. Just defining
DEFAULT_QUERY_TIMEOUT helps. I would not let the perfect be the enemy of
the good.