freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS and Ubuntu, iodbc

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Dan Mohn <mohnd AT egolfscore.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS and Ubuntu, iodbc
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:43:50 +0000

James K. Lowden wrote:
> Yes, you're on the right track. You might want to just apply
> frediano's patch, posted at 11:07 AM Monday. But if you want to just
> hack the code, I think are two critical places:
>
> File Function Line
> 4 odbc.c _SQLAllocStmt 1441 stmt->attr.query_timeout = 0;
> 5 odbc.c _SQLExecute 3032 tds->query_timeout = 0;

So I downloaded the most recent nightly build this morning. Then in
odbc.c I changed the above timeouts to 20 and re-built the driver.

I swung for the fences and went right to my RealBasic test application,
and YES! it timed out.

Jonathan wrote;
>> Unfortunately, I don't think there's a RB workaround, since any
property set using the RB SetConnectionAttribute method: <<

I think the "timeout" in RealBasic is for the connection timeout. The
timeout for a query seems to be set in SetStmtAttribute, which RealBasic
doesn't seem to have the ability to call.

>> I have filed a bug report - Dan might want to sign on: <<

I shall, thanks.

James K. Lowden wrote:
>> For me to answer these questions, I will have to study the
documentation. I won't be able to do that until next week. Perhaps
someone else knows, or would like to research it? <<

I'm not sure exactly what is being asked , but given a bit more
direction, I can try and research "it".

Dan