freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS and Ubuntu, iodbc

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Dan Mohn <mohnd AT egolfscore.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS and Ubuntu, iodbc
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 23:42:15 -0400

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 10:27 -0400, James K. Lowden wrote:

First looking at the RealBasic ODBCDatabase class, I see they have a
SetAttribute function, which according to the documentation references
the ODBC SQLSetConnectAttr function. Since I don't see a constant for
Query Timeout in RealBasic and you reference SQLSetStmtAttr, I am
assuming that it won't to the trick. Especially since I tried it and it
doesn't seem to work. Does that sound correct based on your experience
(not the realbasic stuff the connectattr vs. stmtattr)?

>> Find the default timeout value (zero) in the ODBC driver, set it to
something you like, and rebuild. I think this is the simplest and
easiest option if it meets your needs. <<

I would like to do this to see if the timeout works in conjunction with
Realbasic. So I've done a bit of homework, and I just want confirmation
that I am on the right track. In odbc.c, line 1370 I see
stmt->attr.query_timeout = 0, I should just be able to set this to 20,
for 20 seconds. Then rebuild TDS 0.65 nightly I downloaded?

Dan