freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS and Ubuntu, iodbc

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Dan Mohn <mohnd AT egolfscore.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS and Ubuntu, iodbc
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:55:49 -0400

OK. I ran iodbctest, but it doesn't seem to allow me to run scripts so
I can pause it and pull out the cord.

I tried bsqlodbc, which when I just type the command tells me it accepts
the same parameters as bsqldb, but it results in;

-D <database> -i timeouttest.sql

bsqlodbc: error -1: SQLConnect: SQL_ERROR: failed
"[FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source"

administrator@ubuntu-edgy:~$ /usr/local/freetds/bin/bsqlodbc
usage: bsqlodbc
[-U username] [-P password]
[-S servername] [-D database]
[-i input filename] [-o output filename] [-e error filename]

I feel like I am missing something obvious. I would think I should be
sending a connection string to bsqlodbc, but there isn't an option for
that.

What am I missing?