freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS and Ubuntu, iodbc

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Dan Mohn <mohnd AT egolfscore.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS and Ubuntu, iodbc
  • Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 11:15:59 -0400

>> When you connect DSN-less, you're relying on the built-in TDS
version. Your package might have used the --with-tdsver=7.0 configure
option. <<

Ok, I made the libraries with the tdsver option, and now the dsn-less
connection now works again.

Regarding the "timeout". I looked at the 3 timeout tests and its not
clear to me whether they test for what I am experiencing.

What I am doing is in the middle of a query result set, I am physically
unplugging the network cable. Like;

send sql statement
while not resultset eof
---here I pull the network cable after a couple of rows have been read
---get data
---check for an timeout error
---get the next row
loop

Interestingly, after appx 2 hours, an error is trapped, and Realbasic is
reporting the following error message it claims is from the odbc driver;

[FreeTDS][<drivername>]Communication link failure.

What do you recommend I do for my next step?

Thanks!

Dan