freetds - Re: autoconf tenderfoot

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: vorlon AT netexpress.net
  • Subject: Re: autoconf tenderfoot
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 22:59:06 -0400

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002 21:12:08 -0500 "Steve Langasek" <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
wrote:

> > > And I don't understand why running aclocal doesn't get rid of the
> > > "You
> > > should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal." message.
>
> The 'you should update aclocal.m4' message is generated by libtoolize,
> before aclocal is run.

I hadn't noticed that. Do you mean the warning is normal, or should
something be changed? The sequence is:

processing .
Running libtoolize...
You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
Running aclocal ...
Running autoheader...

I get the message whether or not I run aclocal first. (In point of fact,
I can't say if it's a "warning" or not; it doesn't say.)

I browsed but did not study the libtoolize info pages. Is the answer
somewhere in there, do you think?

Thanks,