freetds - checkins

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James K. Lowden <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: checkins
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 23:47:00 -0400

All,

I committed several changes designed to eliminate compiler warnings on my
NetBSD/i386 box. My grief is ended; please tell me if yours has begun.

Bill, I added maybe 8 static prototypes to bcp.c, fyi, in case it's in
bits on your desk.
Now I want to hunt down the default datetime->string conversions in
ct-lib. If you try:

select getdate(), convert(smalldatetime, getdate())

in, say, sqsh, the results are both interesting and different from what
Sybase's ct-lib produces:

1. Sybase's output doesn't put a leading '0' on the day. I realize this
is partly a locale issue, but note that our output varies by
datetime/smalldatetime.

2. Our datetime is converted by default to a 255-character string, which
is about 225 characters more than we need (in my country, anyway).

I figure I'm only an evening away from finding and fixing this, but if you
know the particular routine where the default conversion is done, please
give a holler.