freetds - Re: autoconf tenderfoot

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: autoconf tenderfoot
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 13:27:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, James K. Lowden wrote:

> All,
>
> What I know about autoconf ends approximately at its "f". So I'm probably
> doing something wrong. What I want to know is, Is it sufficient for me to
> run "./configure", or should I run autoconf/automake/oughtathink first to
> generate a configure script?
>
> On my NetBSD system, I'm using the CVS version to run down some things,
> spurious (I hope) warnings and such. I'm looking at this:
>
> In file included from ../../include/tds.h:35,
> from server.c:21:
> /usr/include/netinet/in.h:170: warning: `INADDR_NONE' redefined
> ../../include/config.h:13: warning: this is the location of the previous
> definition

config.h.in is created by "autoheader" and config.h by the configure
script. What should happen is that configure checks whether INADDR_NONE
exists already and optionally includes it in config.h. So most likely
there is something wrong with the check for INADDR_NONE not detecting its
existance. The check for it is in acinclude.m4 as AC_HAVE_INADDR_NONE.

So, now the trick is to figure out why the macro isn't working...

Yours seems to define this in netinet/in.h but there is no check for that
in the configure.in So, my reccomendation would be to add

AC_CHECK_HEADERS(netinet/in.h)

just above AC_HAVE_INADDR_NONE (the test for INADDR_NONE has a
conditional include of in.h) and run ./autogen.sh to regenerate everything
and give it a go. We might have to conditionally include it where
INADDR_NONE is used too.

Brian