freetds - Re: Miscellaneous code questions and fixes

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Miscellaneous code questions and fixes
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 09:44:20 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Craig Spannring wrote:

> Brian Bruns writes:
> >
> > configure seemed to work here, but cvs update didn't bring down a
> > unittests directory under dblib, is it checked in?
>
> I not sure if you can get 'cvs update' to create new directories, but
> if you create src/dblib/unittests by hand it will update the new
> files. (Of course checkout will create the directories, but that's
> not really what you want to do.)

Ok, got the -d switch off the other message...It's weird going from PVCS
at work to cvs here...I like CVS much better than either PVCS or
ClearCase. It's like on another project at work, we were looking at
VisiBroker and Orbix for CORBA, turns out omniORB2 (GPL ORB) is the
fastest and easiest to work with/debug so we are using that.

> > by the way, I sent off an email to LinuxCare (they had an announcement on
> > slashdot offering jitterbug based bug tracking for open source projects),
> > and seeing how I have barely enough time to program as is, it seemed like
> > a good idea to let someone else maintain it. So with any luck, we'll
> have
> > a bug tracking system soon.
>
> Do you have a URL? Do you know if you can tie problem reports into
> CVS commits?

Hmmm..jitterbug is the tracking system used with Samba, so that's a good
place to look, (www.samba.org doh!). LinuxCare is http://www.linuxcare.com

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the US, happy Thursday otherwise.

Brian