freetds - Re: format of "interfaces"?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: format of "interfaces"?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 09:28:53 -0500 (EST)

Currently, the master line is not used by us. It's a carry over from
Sybase.

So:
<server name>

Service: the only service that is used is "query"
transport: is ignored, but needed for compatibility ("tcp" is fine)
interface: is ignored, but needed for compatibility ("ether" is fine).
Host: a hostname, fqdn, or ip address of the SQL Server
Port number: is of course the port where the SQL Server listens

The easiest is of course just to grab one of the example servers and
change the name, host and port :)

Hope this helps

Brian