freetds - Miscellaneous code questions and fixes

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Spannring <cts AT internetcds.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Miscellaneous code questions and fixes
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:16:32 -0800 (PST)

Should the _convert_any() function in src/dblib/convert.c return the
number of bytes that was stored? I assume it should and changed

case SYBINT2:
memcpy(dest,&(any->si),2);
return 1;
break;
case SYBINT4:
memcpy(dest,&(any->i),4);
return 1;
break;

into

case SYBINT2:
memcpy(dest,&(any->si),2);
return 2;
break;
case SYBINT4:
memcpy(dest,&(any->i),4);
return 4;
break;

If that's not correct let me know and I'll change it back.

I've also added a unitttests subdirectory to the dblib directory. It
seemed like a good idea to place the unittests for dblib under the
dblib directory, but if anyone has any compelling reasons to move it
somewhere else let me know and I'll move it.

I believe I added all the necessary magic to the configure.in and
Makefile.am to handle the unittests. I've tried it with FreeBSD.
Could someone with Linux give it a try for me?

Life is short. | Craig Spannring
Ski hard, Bike fast. | cts AT internetcds.com
Any sufficiently perverted technology is indistinguishable from Perl.