freetds - Re: Miscellaneous code questions and fixes

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Miscellaneous code questions and fixes
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 22:02:58 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Craig Spannring wrote:

> Should the _convert_any() function in src/dblib/convert.c return the
> number of bytes that was stored? I assume it should and changed
>
> case SYBINT2:
> memcpy(dest,&(any->si),2);
> return 1;
> break;
> case SYBINT4:
> memcpy(dest,&(any->i),4);
> return 1;
> break;
>
> into
>
> case SYBINT2:
> memcpy(dest,&(any->si),2);
> return 2;
> break;
> case SYBINT4:
> memcpy(dest,&(any->i),4);
> return 4;
> break;
>
> If that's not correct let me know and I'll change it back.

These are all internal functions so we can do whatever we like here, might
as well make it as useful as possible.

> I've also added a unitttests subdirectory to the dblib directory. It
> seemed like a good idea to place the unittests for dblib under the
> dblib directory, but if anyone has any compelling reasons to move it
> somewhere else let me know and I'll move it.

Ok, by me...the unittests were originally in the directory with the code
and got moved to samples, but I still keep mine in the dblib directory, I
just don't add it to CVS. :)

> I believe I added all the necessary magic to the configure.in and
> Makefile.am to handle the unittests. I've tried it with FreeBSD.
> Could someone with Linux give it a try for me?

configure seemed to work here, but cvs update didn't bring down a
unittests directory under dblib, is it checked in?

by the way, I sent off an email to LinuxCare (they had an announcement on
slashdot offering jitterbug based bug tracking for open source projects),
and seeing how I have barely enough time to program as is, it seemed like
a good idea to let someone else maintain it. So with any luck, we'll have
a bug tracking system soon.