corpus-paul - Re: [Corpus-Paul] Voluntary Associations and the Pauline Church

corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Corpus-Paul

  • From: Bob Schacht <bobschacht AT infomagic.net>
  • To: Corpus-Paul <corpus-paul AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Corpus-Paul] Voluntary Associations and the Pauline Church
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 13:46:12 -1000

At 06:07 AM 8/18/2006, JC Baker wrote:
I am preparing to begin a seminar on Social Science Interpretation of the
New Testament with Dr Carolyn Osiek at Brite Divinity School and want to
focus my study on the influence of Greco-Roman Voluntary Associations on the
formation of the Pauline Church.  Does any have suggestions on resources for
such a study?

I don't see it in the indexes, but have you checked
Horsley, (Ed), Paul & Empire, and
Horsley & Silberman, The Message and the Kingdom?

Bob Schacht