cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Creative Commons Consolidation of Developer Pages

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: "Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT yergler.net>
  • To: Jon Phillips <jon AT rejon.org>
  • Cc: "cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Creative Commons Consolidation of Developer Pages
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:17:16 -0500

Agree...I would vote to turn off passwords for now...and see what
happens. I don't think there are enough people committing or looking at
the wiki to create that much spam, but maybe I'm wrong.

I think you just need to have an account to edit right now, and that requirement was put in place because of spam problems. Since anyone can create an account, and this has reduced (although admittedly not eliminated) our wiki spam, it seems like a reasonable policy.

NRY

A question that I have is the use of SourceForge as a base for the code
at the moment. Personally I have explicitly chosen not to use
SourceForge because of it becoming sluggish and less flexible. I'm using
berlios.de, a german based FLOSS deposit and it feels a lot less sluggy
than SF.

Yeah, their mailing list archives suck (hence the ibiblio cc-devel
list), but we don't have the bandwidth to maintain developer
infrastructure internally, and I haven't seen anything so compelling as
to justify the pain of moving (but I can be convinced).

gmane also sucks up the sf.net archives, so that they are searchable,
graphed, and google-able.

Jon

--
Jon Phillips