cc-devel - Re: [cc-devel] Creative Commons Consolidation of Developer Pages

cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer discussion for Creative Commons technology and tools

  • From: bkhl AT stp.lingfil.uu.se (Björn Lindström)
  • To: cc-devel AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [cc-devel] Creative Commons Consolidation of Developer Pages
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 17:14:56 +0200

"Nathan R. Yergler" <nathan AT yergler.net> writes:

> I haven't seen anything so compelling as to justify the pain of moving
> (but I can be convinced). So at this point, I don't see the CC
> sponsored projects moving from Sourceforge.

I don't think anyone has suggested that any of the projects currently
hosted on Sourceforge should move. My impression from the IRC channel,
though, is that we have a near consensus on not hosting any new projects
there.

> If they don't have Subversion yet, does Savannah gain us anything
> besides positive RMS karma? (It may, I really don't know)

I mostly mentioned it in case anyone here would be inclined to help
Savannah set Subversion up. Otherwise it seems better to go for some
place that already does Subversion, such as Berlios (unless we use
something like darcs for revision control, in which case that service is
irrelevant).

--
Björn Lindström <bkhl AT stp.lingfil.uu.se>
Student of computational linguistics, Uppsala University, Sweden