cc-be - Re: [Cc-be] CC music at Fosdem

cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons - Belgium

  • From: Bruno De Bondt <bruno AT indymedia.be>
  • To: Severine Dusollier <severine.dusollier AT fundp.ac.be>
  • Cc: cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org, Catharina Maracke <catharina AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-be] CC music at Fosdem
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 18:17:05 +0100

Thanks Severine for your reply.

There is one other thing that's unclear to me: the matter of the
compensation that needs to be paid to the performers of the music,
collected by Uradex. Is it correct that this Uradex compensation needs
to be paid in any case, even if the performer is not associated with
Uradex? Or is it safe to assume that if the composer licenses his/her
work under CC, and the performer isn't associated with Uradex, then
nothing has to be paid? I'm asking because the Belgian CC license states
that it doesn't regulate this compensation (point 4.d in the license -
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/be/legalcode.nl).

In any case, during the Indymedia.be Open Doors' day (20th January) the
people of Netlabelism will play great CC music nonetheless :)

thanks, see you soon,
-- bruno