cc-be - [Cc-be] Fwd: CC music at Fosdem

cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons - Belgium

  • From: "Michel Berghs" <michel AT netlabelism.net>
  • To: cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-be] Fwd: CC music at Fosdem
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:35:08 +0100

If you only play music with the CC license, you don't have to pay
Sabam (see http://netlabelism.net/parties), because you do it in "an
act of trust" (te goedertrouw). If there are artists with music under
CC license and they are member of a collectors society like Sabam,
they are incorrect, and Sabam should sue them. About "billijke
vergoeding": the CC license gives explicitly the permission to
distribute the music, i.e. play music, so I would refuse to pay this
kind of "blackmail".

If you're lookin for CC music, have a look at my site:
http://netlabelism.net/topbits/bystyle

Michel Berghs