cc-be - [Cc-be] CC music at Fosdem

cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Creative Commons - Belgium

  • From: Bruno De Bondt <bruno AT indymedia.be>
  • To: cc-be AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-be] CC music at Fosdem
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 09:13:52 +0100

Hello list,

The people of Fosdem, the yearly Free & Open Source Software Meeting
held in Brussels, are considering playing CC licensed music in between
presentations.

Appearantly, they would need to pay Sabam even if the music they play is
strictly CC licensed. Is this correct? Or does it only matter for
artists who are a member of Sabam?

Thanks,
-- bruno
bruno AT indymedia.be