baslinux - Re: [BL] dhcp & CD

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] dhcp & CD
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 15:33:21 +0000 (UTC)

Add to /etc/rc

udhcpc

(You might need to specify the path such as /bin/busybox/udhcpc which is
probably not correct but I am not in BL right now).

BL3 has only that one rc file for everything and not much is 'auto'.

Make sure it works manually first by typing udhcpc after you boot. You can make a symlink to dhcp if you like. Or any letter(s) of your choice not in use. (I used the whole alphabet and numbers 1-25 for radio stations that work with mplayer, and set up my 133MHz laptop with good sound and physical volume control as an internet radio then the sound died).

I don't use dhcp, I just specify the IP address with ifconfig eth0 (or eth1....) and edit /etc/resolv.conf with the nameserver line. It goes faster than asking for an address every time. Just be sure to pick something that won't be assigned to another computer on the network.