baslinux - Re: [BL] dhcp & CD

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] dhcp & CD
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 22:02:33 +0000 (UTC)

Determine the IP address of the router. Change the final digit to something else. For instance if you have 192.168.0.1 router IP

ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.15

If you want to go on the internet (with links etc.)

Edit /etc/resolve.conf
Add the line
nameserver 8.8.8.8
(to access sites by name instead of IP number)
The 8.8.8.8 is google'a DNS server. Your internet provider also has its own servers which you can use on the internet.

Have you upgraded the memory to 32MB or 64MB?
(I probably have extra 15MB EDO DIMMs.)

How do you plan to use this computer?