baslinux - [BL] IBM ThinkPad 500 Trackpoint Problem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] IBM ThinkPad 500 Trackpoint Problem
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 05:41:51 -0500

Hello,
This is the second time I've played with BasicLInux, and I think I may
be on my way to becoming a fan. After a successful LInux install on a
slightly newer machine (the one I'm on right now, a ThinkPad 760XD,
Pentium 166, 64mb, custom Ubuntu), I decided to play with BasicLinux
on my older ThinkPad 500 (486slc, 12mb) in preperation for a full
install. The kernel loads fine, and the command line system works
great. However, when X is launched, the TrackPoint doesn't work
properly; it sticks to the edges, and whenever it is moved the drop
down menu pops up. Does anyone know a work around?
Thanks,
Rob

--
Rob "The Vagabond Astronomer" Little
http://vagabondastronomer.blogspot.com

"The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this: A human
creature born abnormally, inhumanly sensitive. To them... a touch is a
blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an
ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death."
(Pearl S. Buck)