baslinux - Re: [BL] IBM ThinkPad 500 Trackpoint Problem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] IBM ThinkPad 500 Trackpoint Problem
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 22:26:32 -0000

> Thanks for the speedy reply.
Steven (BL author) probably has the answer to your mouse problem but is in
a much different time zone. Please tell us if you are booting the
2-floppy version of BL3 or the version downloaded to a DOS partition, or
have installed to hard drive, and whether you ran Xsetup and chose PS/2
mouse in setup. Are you using the default X (Xvesa) or SVGA X server
(from hard drive) or what X? For the SVGA X server you need to symlink
mouse to psaux and also edit the X config file to change from serial to
PS/2 mouse.

> As it is, I had to do a bit of editing in order for X to work on the 760XD
> (again, custom Ubuntu 6.06 with IceWM). Mouse seem to work fine.
> In DOS and Windows, the TrackPoint on the 500 works fine, regardless of
> the
> desktop used. Mine is a very early model, no external PS/2 port. There is
> serial (via dongle), but I'd need to dig for a mouse.

Sounds like an intriguing machine.

> Any findings will be posted here.

Sindi