baslinux - [BL] Format convertors, was Re: Where to download opera 9.64 for Slackware 8.1

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Format convertors, was Re: Where to download opera 9.64 for Slackware 8.1
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 15:23:28 +0000 (UTC)

These all work with Opera 9.64.

On Sat, 28 Nov 2009, Sindi wrote:

Zoho Viewer (Office, OpenOffice, RTF, PDF, HTML, CSV)
Upload files from your computer or specify the online URL.

Nice output but a very slow site and it creates files larger than the original PDF. At 1280 only (so far). javascript, registration

http://access.adobe.com/access - no javascript needed (links2 works)
Does online (URL) or emailed (file) conversion of PDF to text or html without the images. Very fast and mostly accurate.
1 MB PDF > 6K text or 67K HTML

http://convert-doc.com - no javascript (links) or email needed, fast, but only for files not URLs. Worked well and quickly on sample docx (to html or pdf) and xlsx (to html) but completely screwed up pptx (to pdf). Displays the html or downloads the pdf.

You can try also:

http://www.zamzar.com - converts and emails you the result, file or URL, javascript. The email showed up in a couple of minutes but when I clicked on the link to the file (at Zamzar for a day for download) it told me 'Incorrect link'. Other people have had this same problem.

http://docx-converter.com - sends an email link to the result, only does files on your computer not URLs, javascript
My email has not showed up in at least 10 minutes.