baslinux - [BL] Where to download opera 9.64 for Slackware 8.1

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Where to download opera 9.64 for Slackware 8.1
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 20:34:55 +0000 (UTC)

No longer at the main site, and the 9.64 linux i836 at the archive says it is only for Slackware current or 13.0. Is this correct?

I will post at my site if necessary.

Opera 8.54 and 9.50 are not usable at Zoho.com with the Writer (8.54 just does not work, 9.50 tells you to get Firefox 2 or IE 6.0) or inconvenient with the Zoho Viewer (you can view PDF or XLS but in low box with 8.54 and a very tiny box with 9.50b). Viewer is tested working right with Firefox 2 (on my neighbor's Mac with broadband).

I have not tested Opera 9.64 yet at Zoho.

Zoho office type programs (with Firefox 2 - maybe also Seamonkey 1.1) can be used to read, write, or edit the latest MS Office formats. The viewer works on these and PDF, much faster than xpdf on a slow computer, but you NEED broadband or a lot of patience and enough RAM for Firefox 2 (64MB?).

Sindi Keesan