baslinux - [BL] lynx/gmail and curl, was Re: links hacked

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] lynx/gmail and curl, was Re: links hacked
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 02:49:55 +0000 (UTC)

I downloaded (over a wet phone line in 30 min) lynx 2.8.8 dev1 and
compiled and packaged and uploaded it. I still can't make persistent
cookies persist in a cookies file.

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/lynx288dev1-glibc225.tgz.

Lynx 2.8.6 and 2.8.8 no longer log into gmail. They cannot handle the redirect and return to login page. Lynx also does not reply to mail at fastmail. And does not support tables.

Steven's links1 links2 and my elinks (all SSL) do work. Elinks does persistent cookies so logs in automatically.

Non-ssl browsers don't access gmail (retawq, netrik, w3m).
They all work well at fastmail as do all the linkses.

I have posted and put into my html file all the browsers I compiled, also an old glibc 2.0 version of curl with libcurl.so.2 and will post the latest for glibc 2.2.5, packaged with libcurl.so.4 but no man pages. (3.5MB of docs can be downloaded with the source code).

curl URL > filename (or it goes to stdout).
http:// is not needed, unlike wget.
will do FTP put and get and much more.
will download a series of files.
Comes with a security certificate for downloads from secure sites.
curl --help for a list of options.
curl -M |less for the manual
curl -C - continue transfer that got interrupted
can upload data to a form (no browser needed)
can download file size and other info without the file

current version is 68K stripped binary, 260K library.

Dependencies are libcurl, libz (for compression), libc/ld-linux.

I tried to upload the package with the command:

curl -T curl-7.18.6-glibc225.tgz -u user:password http://keesan.freeshell.org/html/bl
(all on one line with my login and password substituted after -u)

Both versions upload to about 42-48% and quit (empty reply from server).
I tried more than five times. Adding -C - did not change anything.
Before quitting it lists file size, upload speed, how much and what percent was uploaded, how much time it took, time remaining.

busybox comes with wget and ftpput/ftpget with less options
ftpput worked to upload this package on the first try, remaining silent the whole time.