baslinux - [BL] links hacked

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] links hacked
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 18:23:37 +0000 (UTC)

Claims to combine links2 and elinks.
Graphical (inline images), persistent cookies, SSL, javascript (see elinks for instructions on how).

1MB source code and 2MB font packages.
Maybe you can configure it to use just one font instead of 5MB? The fonts are all .png files. The problem with graphical browsers is they need various sizes of text. This should not affect memory much.

Comes with various sets of instructions one of which says just to ./configure and make. There is no configure. You make a configure using autoheader autoconf automake, which requires installing autoconf and automake, which need perl5 which needs m4 (all of which I installed from Slackware 8.1) and I get an error message running autoheader about AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.in

configure must be run to make the Makefile.

I might try my upgraded BL2 with SW11 glibc and later gcc.
I was hoping to compile for glibc 2.2.5.

In theory elinks will compile with dietlibc. Anyone want to try it or hacked with uclibc?

You can compile it without zlib or bzip or ssl or images, and it can run in X, SVGALIB or FB. Optional lua support.

Someone else had the same error messages compiling version 030709 (current) but was able to compile 030316.

Sindi Keesan