baslinux - Re: [BL] ltmodem, member contributions pages and misc.

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ltmodem, member contributions pages and misc.
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 01:59:35 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:
BL2 kernel 2.2.16 (my custom kernel with framebuffer support)

insmod slhc
insmod -f ppp2214

Did you remove the old ppp.o? It appears that you didn't.
Apparently not.

This time when I booted to my custom framebuffer/scsi/sound 2.2.16 kernel
(which I will some day compile for built-in scsi if I run out of normal modems)

insmod slhc
insmod -f ppp2214
insmod -f ltmodem
eznet up 3

Dialed, Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyS14
Got IP addresses and Service #3 an here I am.

I will copy the modules from BL2 to BL3 along with dialing scripts.

I was then unable to dial on the other computer which is linked to this
one via a phone cord between the modems. Serial device is looped back,
just made an odd noise.

The kernel crash probably left the ltmodem in use.

My guess too.
Maybe I should download the 2.2.26 kernel source and give up on 2.2.16.
How big is it?

15MB (bz2)

http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.2/linux-2.2.26.tar.bz2

David

2-3 hours download unless we take the USB stick to a friend's house.

So far, no need, since my only USB devices work in 2.4.31 but not 2.2.26 and I already have the kernel I want for 2.2.16 for this computer.

I switched the DOS modem to an AWE32 card to use with the now-working DVD-ROM drive in the 700MHz dumpster computer. I have a working PIII/DVD-player with 56K modem and streaming audio for my birthday, thanks to everyone's help with the modem.

|:-)

For my next birthday maybe I can get linux to play midis on the piano and work with mousekeys. That and WP51 are the only things left I need DOS for. Our DOS CAD program works under DOSEMU.