baslinux - Re: [BL] ltmodem, member contributions pages and misc.

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ltmodem, member contributions pages and misc.
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 21:28:48 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Steven, please could you find a tiny screen saver to use
instead of the screen blanker?

The screen blanker is not mine. It is a standard
terminal feature. You can modify it with setterm.
It is a default, not something you set up?

How do I turn off the screen blanker?

I think the syntax is: setterm -blank 0

In /etc/rc?

We got that computer working again by removing the old floppy drive, which was keeping it from booting after it got damaged.

The dvd drive works again after cleaning and lubrication of the rails.

And ssh works once I add /dev/urandom (I had copied over the /root/.ssh file but not the /dev/ file from another BL3 installation).