baslinux - [BL] netsetup for DSL

  • From: Dennis Minnick <dminnick05 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] netsetup for DSL
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 15:15:27 -0400

I am using the 2 floppy version of bl3 to try to connect to the web,
I am using a DSL modem and a router ( Linksys befsr41 router ) I try to run
"netsetup"
by typing netsetup at the # prompt I keep getting a message saying that
there is no such
command, I tried # netsetup and then # ./netsetup.sh and then
./netsetup
nothing seems to work, when I am my other computer that is running windows
xp I goto
start -> run -> command -> and type-in " ipconnfig "
and here is what I get:
subnet mask 255.255.255.0
ip address 192.168.1.100
default gateway 192.168.1.1

Help sure would be appreciated, I sure would like to use BasicLinux and My
DSL to browse
and do e-mail

Dennis