baslinux - Re: [BL] netsetup for DSL

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] netsetup for DSL
  • Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 07:49:36 +1200

Dennis Minnick wrote:

> I am using the 2 floppy version of bl3 to try to connect to the web,
> I am using a DSL modem and a router ( Linksys befsr41 router ) I try
> to run "netsetup" by typing netsetup at the # prompt

netsetup is an editable script (you will find it in /root).
Until you edit it, netsetup does nothing.

> my other computer that is running windows xp I goto
> start -> run -> command -> and type-in " ipconnfig "
> and here is what I get:
> subnet mask 255.255.255.0
> ip address 192.168.1.100
> default gateway 192.168.1.1

How do you (physically) connect to the router/modem?
If it is via a network card, then you first need to
activate it (by insmod-ing the appropriate module).
Then do:
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.100
route add default gw 192.168.1.1

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru