baslinux - Re: [BL] How do you set eth0 for a block of IPs?

  • From: "Carl Reaburn" <carlreaburn AT attech.net.au>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] How do you set eth0 for a block of IPs?
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:04:13 +1100

----- Original Message ----- From: <3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org>
To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 5:44 AM

Carl Reaburn wrote:

I have ipchains installed along with the correct bare.i kernel.

I want to use the BL3 machine to accept ip's 200.0.0.203-206
on eth0, and pass some packets to eth1 if they pass the
ipchains testing.

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/1241/1/
http://yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialIptablesNetworkGateway.htm
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/IPCHAINS-HOWTO.html

I have found BL3 has things in different places to what the how-to pages suggest. That is why I asked here. I will start reading those pages anyway.

BL1 by comparison had everything named the same as the how-to pages suggested, as well as great documentation inside the config files themselves. I had no trouble setting up BL1 without any help. I thought BL3 would be the same, but ended up needing lots of help with it. Which I am grateful for.

Or, for generic questions like this, you can subscribe
to the linux-newbie list. It's a low traffic list that
has some very knowledgeable people who try to be helpful
(although some of them don't suffer fools gladly).

I hope you don't think me a fool. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Thank you for the help, it is always appreciated.

Carl.