baslinux - Re: [BL] How do you set eth0 for a block of IPs?

  • From: "Carl Reaburn" <carlreaburn AT attech.net.au>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] How do you set eth0 for a block of IPs?
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:11:53 +1100

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

Carl Reaburn wrote:

I have found BL3 has things in different places to
what the how-to pages suggest.
BL1 by comparison had everything named the same as the
how-to pages suggested, as well as great documentation
inside the config files themselves.

BL1 was designed to be used as a firewall. Few people
used that capability, so it was removed in BL2. As far

What would one need to change in the kernel .config file to put back the firewall capability for BL3? Under Networking Options I see
CONFIG_FIREWALL is not set - is this all that is needed?

I can compile you a kernel just like BL3 but with firewall added if you want (or make any other requested deletions to make it even smaller).

I'm running bare.i as the BL3 kernel because it has firewall in it.

We have a computer with Windows on hda1 and DOS on hda2 (and a linux partition or two) which is currently set with hda2 bootable. When it had hda1 bootable it could be booted from the bare.i kernel. With hda2 bootable instead, bare.i kernel will NOT boot but the BL3 and Bl2 kernels boot, and so does one I compiled with sound and scsi support. If we make hda1 active again bare.i will boot. Why?

I'm running it in a simulated environment (virtual pc) under windows xp. it seems to be working fine. I'm probably not the one to ask about your problem as I went for a simulated environment to avoid any conflictions.